- Include your keywords.
- Write compelling, informative and concise.
- Describe your content honestly.
- If there are different sections in the description, identify and separate them clearly.
- Reuse the same “boilerplate” description on several pages.
- Duplicate information from the page title.
- Use more than 160 characters.
- Simply reuse AdWords ads.
- Write a meta description in every case. For example, a page listing dozens of blog entries targeting many different keywords might be better of with the SE-generated snippet of text surrounding the users search phrase.